Re: Pete's Pissy Mood

>Well, okay, Pete apparently hangs around with some folks who do.
But there are plenty of accomplished musicians around these days who see no
barriers at all between the two.  There was a time when The Who was one of
the important forces breaking down barriers in music.  It's curious that,
all these years later, Pete would join the forces of conservatism.  That
sort of thing only limits creativity.

Okay, I've thought about this for a couple of minutes, and I think right
here is the key to making a new album.  The Who always seems to work better
when there's something to smash.  So what barriers are out there now?
Hiphop?  Manufactured pop bands?  The Generation Gap?  Rock's image?

One of the biggest problems would be choosing a path through all the
possibilities.  What subject matter ought this to be?  What style?  A number
of fans have said it should be just a good, solid rock album, but I dunno.
Good, solid rock albums are nostalgia now.  If it doesn't break any new
ground--if it doesn't smash anything, then what good is it?

It's not a time for conservatism.

keets