Re: Pete's Pissy Mood

> One of the biggest problems would be choosing a path through all the
> possibilities.  What subject matter ought this to be?  What style?  A number
> of fans have said it should be just a good, solid rock album, but I dunno.
> Good, solid rock albums are nostalgia now.  If it doesn't break any new
> ground--if it doesn't smash anything, then what good is it?

One of the challenges of Art, however, is working within an established
*framework.*  That means creating something fresh & engaging *without*
going too far "out of bounds."

I know, I know....there's always room for artistic "expansion," but I don't
believe that completey abandoning all previous structure & style necessar-
ily guarantees decent product.  Isn't that what Pete says caused the quick
downfall of the original Punk music scene?

And I'll be one pissed off motherfucker if that new studio album contains
a bunch a pseudo-rap experiments a' la that Gateway "Who Are You" bull-
shit.  That wasn't a step forward; it was a stumble sideways.

- SCHRADE in Akron
  (cough)