Who fandom at an ebb and educating Jamie

Just when I thought I was slipping away from the band of which I've been a champion for 33 years, I get a nice package in the mail from Irish Jack (Whofan extraordinaire) concerning John and their friendship. I can't abandon this band. I can't find a "substitute" in my life for the place The Who currently occupies. But still I find myself saddened by the entire situation around John's death.

That's "MR." Freak to you. You could try deep breathing exercises, that
might help.

Jim:

What was that about "missing the sarcasm?"

"Lame" is correct Mark, as illustrated by your lame pseudo-pop language:

Don't you have anything substantial to say? No, instead you want to start a dispute. So obviously. Your intelligence, or I should say the lack thereof, limits you from being in any way effective. You bluster, you rant, you do your damnest to insult and force the disruption, all in vain.

Manipulated? Ha, I think it's YOU who's had the proverbial wool pulled over

See above about the sarcasm you missed.

schoolyard chats. I can almost hear your voice cracking from your emotional

That's a really blatant Fangism, but the fact is your little outbursts don't bother me in the least. I'm amusing myself with you, much as one might watch television shows (as you obviously are obsessed with) for entertainment. You don't expect anything substantial from them, and likewise from you. I suppose you could liken my relationship with you as a cat playing with a mouse.

socially acceptable to proudly boast about deliberately manipulating people.

You are under the mistaken idea that I'm here to be "socially acceptable." I do what I like...you don't like it, tough shit. Your "approval" means less to me than the existence of an ant on the lawn of a landowner three miles from my house.

Not in the slightest. This is considered a message board is it not?

A WHO message board. Genius.

people might question your strongly stated opinions? Now, you post a lot of
politically motivated opinions.

No, I throw in a lot of politically motivated ASIDES. If you had any intelligence to speak of, you'd understand the difference. I also throw in a ton of obscure references to movies, songs, bands, even some TV (must be fun for you) although I'd wager you aren't a Farscape fan because you wouldn't be able to comprehend the show. I do this just to amuse those who get the references. Why do you object to the political ones but not the others?

laughing at you freaking out at Mc for simply mentioning your name. That's

Attempting to interpret the circumstances will not change the facts. The facts show you were waiting to jump on anything I wrote (after trying to call me out in an earlier post, which I ignored).

it, it's gone downhill from there.

YOU have gone downhill from there.

took an example I made way out of context.

I can't be expected to quote the entire post, as your posts tend to be so incredibly verbose and devoid of anything approaching substance.

posts like you do bud) but it was either: 1. I called you "tree hugger" in

I thought you said you read it. You didn't call ME a tree hugger. Ah, WHO didn't understand the post?

As much as I'd love to keep on with you, I'm going to have to stop for now.

Until the next time you get a digest...

truthfully, I would love to keep going with you but I cannot.

SURE you can, by making an even bigger asshole of yourself.

I'm going to
be off list (possibly) for a while after today; breaks your heart, I know.

AGAIN? So this is your patented big "goodbye" post because you finally realize you've gone too far?

Maybe in the future we could disagree about something Who related.

For that you'd have to understand The Who.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
president, or that we are to stand by the president
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
President Theodore Roosevelt, Republican

Cheers ML