Re: Let me put this in very simple terms so you can understand

>Obviously the slide takes much of the impact away from the "crashing down"
>on the knees.  Pete does numerous jumps throughout a show, and the constant
>impact as he lands each time is clearly more damaging over the long term
>than one slide/leap accross the stage per show.  Ask any orthopedist or
>athletic trainer.  One might bruise the knees with the "leap," but the
>constant landing on the feet after aggressive jumps with the added weight
>of a guitar can do damage to the cartilage in the knee.

Pete has a ballet dancer's build plus years of experience, and a plywood
deck is a live floor.  There's not much danger that he's going to hurt his
knees jumping straight up and down.  What generally tears cartilage is a
twisting movement.

As far as injuries goes, Pete is much more likely to strain a muscle in the
split, because he's got to get enough height to split and then get his legs
back together in a solid landing.  I didn't see or hear anyting about a limp
on the last tour.  What he did was hurt his wrist instead.

keets