Re: big leaps

In a message dated 04/19/2002 5:55:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Not the way Pete used to do it. Hell, he started on one side and ended all
> the
> way past John. A running leap and then up and crash down onto the knees,
> following with his slide across the stage. Try it yourself while you're up
> on
> the stage and then tell me it's low impact.
>
> magik

Actually, I do that quite regularly at basketball practices with no knee
pads, bare knees (cause I'm in shorts), and I actually dive head first after
a basketball with someone else trying for it as well.  I have never been
injured doing this, beyond some knee scrapes and a few bruises.  And I do it
much more often than Pete would be doing it if he did it every concert (since
this year's concert total will be 23 as of now).  I'm not saying he SHOULD do
it again, but as much jumping as he does, i guarantee that does more damage
to the knee than even the most aggressive slide- especially with knee pads
and a reliable slide.  Now if the stage surface isn't conducive to a slide,
that's another story.

mc