Re: big leaps

Sroundtable@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 04/19/2002 5:55:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
> TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:
>
> > Not the way Pete used to do it. Hell, he started on one side and ended all
> > the
> > way past John. A running leap and then up and crash down onto the knees,
> > following with his slide across the stage. Try it yourself while you're up
> > on
> > the stage and then tell me it's low impact.
> >
> > magik
> >

> Actually, I do that quite regularly at basketball practices with no knee
> pads, bare knees (cause I'm in shorts), and I actually dive head first after
> a basketball with someone else trying for it as well.  I have never been
> injured doing this, beyond some knee scrapes and a few bruises.  And I do it
> much more often than Pete would be doing it if he did it every concert (since
> this year's concert total will be 23 as of now).  I'm not saying he SHOULD do
> it again, but as much jumping as he does, i guarantee that does more damage
> to the knee than even the most aggressive slide- especially with knee pads
> and a reliable slide.  Now if the stage surface isn't conducive to a slide,
> that's another story.
>
> mc

For someone who subjects himself to all these physical dangers and never gets
hurt, I'd say odds are you're time is about up! Diving after a basketball is
hardly the same as a Pete Townshend leap across a stage. I may be wrong but too
many Hurricanes is affecting your judgment. You never cease to amaze. LOL!

magik