Re: must agree on maher (no Who - in other words POLITICS!)

	>Subject: Re: must agree on maher (no Who - in other words
POLITICS!)
	>From: Crouching Intern Stolen Sofa
>No, it really didn't.

Actually it did.
Must have some seriously deep convictions to pull something like that off.
I'm not saying it's admirable, and please don't try and paint me as
sympathetic to their "cause", but it does take balls, conviction, and plenty
of courage to do something like that.

>What *did* take balls was the firemen, police officers and
>other rescue workers running into a literal towering inferno, with the
>knowledge that they may not make it out alive.

That's a given.

>What on earth does this have to with "left" and "right"?

Just pointing out that it seems to be all the folks on the "right" who are
generating this latest discussion regarding politics.  Hey, I'm not the one
who said "left-wing idiots".
Also was wondering to myself why the only few times you post are regarding
political topics.
It had been suggested that some of us "idiots" were responsible for starting
political debates in the past.  A contention that I vehemently disagree
with.

>>To learn more about how the Bush Administration is altering the official
>>White House historical record to protect W, goto:
>><http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A56556-2002Apr15.html>

>So what?

"So what"????? You're kidding, right???  This is the most blatant form of
distortion of the facts that I've ever seen!  Ever!  I usually don't get too
riled about political stuff, but hell, you can't go changing the historical
record just because your boss can't speak and think for himself.
I found the defense a while back on this list of Bush's speaking ability to
be absolutely ludi-crisp (not to be confused with Super Sugar Crisp).  My
recent "Bush Quotes" in my signature have been a subtle yet deliberate way
of showing that Bush is simply (very simply) just not intelligent enough to
be able to talk on his feet.  Talking "on the go" or "on your feet" is one
of the purest ways of determining a person's mental capacity.  Bush has
little.  His administration knows it and that's why they want to hide it
from the official HISTORICAL RECORD.

>It still doesn't

At least you acknowledge "it's" something.

>compare to : "It depends on what the meaning
>of the word 'is' is." -- Bill Clinton, 8/17/98.

Ohhhhhhh yes it does, and in an equally slimy way.  Actually it's worse.
What the Bush Administration is doing equates to a *conspiracy* to lie to
not only this generation of Americans, but more importantly all *future*
generations of American's as well.
Thank god for The Press, the only organization that will keep accurate
records of what is said.
Please don't ask me to defend Clinton and the whole Monica-scank debacle.
That was a sad, sad thing.

>But what does all this
>have to do with Maher being a schmuck?

Not a thing.  I didn't even know who Maher is, and have never watched his
show.  The above about censorship was part of my signature, and you felt
compelled to comment on it.
*Sound familiar* ?????????

>"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important
person on earth to
>somebody.
>Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

Now, can anyone argue with *that* statement?
I can't.
But you see, when the man talks about something he knows about and believes
in, he can actually speak just fine, with no speech impediment in sight.

On the other hand............

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"-Florence, S.C.,
Jan. 11, 2000
George "boy genius" Bush
Kevin in VT