Re: JAE who songs on tour

L. Bird wrote:

> But now the noise hurts Pete's ears, so he investigates other ways to handle
> things and keep playing.  There was just a note on O&S that most fans don't
> realize that Rabbit was hired before Keith died.  Pete was alreay
> investigating ways to take the pressure off--trying to arrange the band so
> he had to make less of the noise himself.  Fans of the early set up and the
> huge noise may regret that The Who no longer want to do that, but remember
> that it had it's costs.
>
> Pete did seem to get through the last tour okay and we haven't heard about
> it recently, so maybe he's come up with a good way to control the tinnitus.

So, let me think about this, you're saying that the same onstage
volume will be acceptable for Pete's hearing condition (I share
the same condition, btw) when played by another musician,
rather than Pete himself?

OK, I know that is not really what you are saying, but my
point is, w/o any difference in volume for volume's sake,
I'd prefer  the boys play sans other musicians/instruments.

The fuckin' (not directed at you keets) point is that Pete
*CAN* do it alone (no FD reference intended), that
Pete does not need anybody but Roger, John & Zak
to make the magic that The Who-> are.

My favourite Who->, has always been the stripped down
4 piece, and due to age concerns (  ;->  ) probably always
will remain so. I've listed the shows I've attended, and, I'm
sure none of you want or need it again, but suffice to say
that I have only seen TheWho-> 3 times w/o Keith Moon,
by design, and only one time w/Kenny in June 1980, then
Hollywood Bowl and Shoreline in 2000.

AnEnglishBastard~