Re: JAE who songs on tour

> > Personally, I'd like to see TheWho-> stripped down to a 4 piece,
> > just Pete, Roger, John and Zak, playing like they did until 1979,
> > just the 4 guys, raw, most powerful, and, the best thing about
> > TheWho->, capable of anything *IF* they want to.
>
>Yes...the Whoooo (as Homer would say it when thinking of beeeer). I
>remember the first time I saw them (in the Woodstock movie) I couldn't
>believe only 3 guys were making all that "noise." Didn't seem possible.

But now the noise hurts Pete's ears, so he investigates other ways to handle
things and keep playing.  There was just a note on O&S that most fans don't
realize that Rabbit was hired before Keith died.  Pete was alreay
investigating ways to take the pressure off--trying to arrange the band so
he had to make less of the noise himself.  Fans of the early set up and the
huge noise may regret that The Who no longer want to do that, but remember
that it had it's costs.

Pete did seem to get through the last tour okay and we haven't heard about
it recently, so maybe he's come up with a good way to control the tinnitus.

keets