Re: WAY as worst album by a great band

In a message dated 04/07/2002 8:55:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> I would think WHO ARE YOU would be jumped on as the ultimate bad Who album.
> But like I said....I'm not surprised WBN was chosen.

Really?  I think WAY is incredible.  WAY is a great song (live version is my
fav Who song), certainly.  But 905, Guitar and Pen, sister disco, trick of
the light are very solid who tunes, IMHO.  I actually like music must change,
also.  Maybe it's not Pete's best work, but John's additions are excellent.
New Song is kind of pop-ish and too synth dominated, but I don't mind it.
Anyway, just a take.  I suppose it can be criticized because keith wasn't the
same wild drummer he was in his prime (odd to mention someone being past his
prime at age 31), but the album is still very good- even by Who standards.
Just an observation: have you ever seen a 31 year-old person who aged as
quickly as keith?  he is virtually unrecognizeable when compared with the
late 60s keith.  It's very evident when looking at the CD cover from the
Boxed set.

mc