RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #236

>All The Beatles had to do was to come out and
>play..no gimmicks...just THEM...they would electrify the audience and they
>would still be able to do it today if Lennon was alive.

You skimmed over my other comment on this, Deni.  Was it music that the
audience was buying, or an ideal?

What gives me this idea was the fact that their shows were often inaudible
over the screaming of fans.

I am sure that even though Lennon is no longer alive, if the the three of
them went on a tour, they would still generate revenues and excitement, but
then the WHO does too, now don't they.

Lets say we have them touring year after year, doing the same old song and
dance... I think the whole thing would dissolve over time.  Remember that
the Beatles got TIRED of the constant hassles they were facing, and the
screaming and such, they could not hear themselves play.  Now, we have much
better equipment, etc., etc., and at least 2 have toured together of the 3
(Meaning the Beatles) and they sell very easily.

If you look closer at this, you realize that the WHO toured EVEN MORE years
wise, than the Beatles, so sure the Beatles ARE a bigger draw, while the WHO
toured more years wise, they also have performed alot of the same songs over
and over, with the same group of material.  Longevity wise, it seems the WHO
despite these facts of same songs, more years, still draw on the strength of
the material.  Ask yourself how long you would stand to hear (insert your
favorite Beatles track here) or say i.e. Won't Get Fooled Again?

With that, I say I love both groups and their material, just giving more
food for thought...

Greg A.