Re: my new review of Roger at MSG

>Now that I've watched the MSG Who set a number of times, I have a new
>thought about Roger's voice. <snip>  Rather than my first theory about a
>cold, I think he was just out of breathe after the serious energy and
>adrenalin that characterized the first 2 songs

Did you read my opinion about it?  Energy and adremanlin don't usually leave
Roger out of breath.  You can hardly hear him when he starts to sing.  As
far as I can tell, nobody ever turned up his mike, so he produced all that
extra volume by himself.  It's possible he did have a cold, too.

Luke P. has made an interesting comment on alt.music.who to the effect that
their (or John's) live volume confused the VH1 sound crew, who have likely
never heard that kind of thing.  They heard it in the hall, but didn't
realize it wasn't coming through the soundboard.

Pete explained this in regard to the mp3s he's posted, and also in relation
to bootleg vs. soundboard recordings.  Pete used to have that kind of huge
live sound, too, but has cut it way back because of his tinnitus.  I notice
he had more amps on stage by the end of the Who2k tour, though.  Did anybody
notice if his live sound picked up some from beginning to end of the tour?

Also, I wonder why he still puts the amps behind him if the sound hurts his
ears.  Seems like he'd put them off to the side, or out in front.  Any
experts here that can tell me?

keets