my new review of Roger at MSG

Now that I've watched the MSG Who set a number of times, I have a new thought
about Roger's voice.  He sounded good on Who Are You and pretty decent on
Baba (better than I originally thought after watching the video the first
time).  His emotion on BBEyes was excellent and voice OK, but noticeably
deteriorating.  Rather than my first theory about a cold, I think he was just
out of breathe after the serious energy and adrenalin that characterized the
first 2 songs- especially his inspired harmonica solo at the end of Baba.  By
the time they got to WGFA, he didn't have the air to hit the toughest notes
like he could when he was young.  They also had to get through the songs
quickly to keep within their 30 min alotment- so to do 4 such high energy
numbers with really no time in between each was too much for Rog.  To his
credit, he gave the scream in WGFA his absolute best shot, it just wasn't
there for him.  Mad props for effort.

Kevin Mc