Re: I am a baby

re:

> > [...]  However, he is one of
> > the few list members on either list to actually have *done* something
> > constructive for the 'Who fan community' if such a community can be said
> > exist.
>
> Poppycock.
>
> Plenty of fans have put up useful and interesting web sites.  Myself,
> I've put up the complete TKAA booklet that came with the soundtrack
> and later disappeared from the vinyl and CD releases.  I've scanned
> photographs that I had for others to enjoy.  I've scanned some
> stickers for people to use as desktop backgrounds.  I've had TKAA
> transferred from a 16mm print to VHS (at considerable personal
> expense).  I've helped out another lister with a nice 7th row seat at
> Shoreline during the 2000 tour.  I've opened my home and collection to
> other local fans (hi Nick).  I even put up a rather comprehensive
> listing of bootlegs and relevant material which was then wholesale
> ripped off for thewho.net without even an acknowledgement or thank you
> or even a "May I?".

Yeah yeah, I've made CDs for people, practically given away front row seats,
had friends over for Who-related parties etc.  I wasn't counting any of that
sort of thing--I think everyone does that.  I was talking about something a
bit more significant--personally, the reconstruction of 'Time is Passing'
was just an amazing and cool thing.  But that's just my opinion....

> Other fans have similarly helped me to obtain tickets to HOB, Quad
> '96, Pete '95, etc., etc.

Again, I've been helped in this regard and helped in this regard.  I don't
see it as 'doing a service for the Who fan community as a whole.'

> thewho.net and quadrophenia.net are also constructed by list members
> for the fan community as well.

Well yeah, I know, I'm the person who registered quadrophenia.net in the
first place, though as Dave was doing 99% of the work, I thought it was only
right to give over ownership to him completely.

> I think the web site about "The Who in
> Sweden" was also created by a list member.  Brian Cady writes great
> liner notes and "The Who this month" columns full of great
> information.

I'd still say that's only a few people....

> >From my perspective, this list has been all about fans helping other
> fans.

I wasn't speaking about this list specifically, but as I said, 'The Who fan
community'--perhaps this list, alt.music.who, and O&S....