Re: I am a baby

In article <00ef01c150ea$7ac78530$0200a8c0@HOYASOFT23>,
    "Jon Rhein" <rhein@betterthanlife.com>  writes:

> [...]  However, he is one of
> the few list members on either list to actually have *done* something
> constructive for the 'Who fan community' if such a community can be said to
> exist.

Poppycock.

Plenty of fans have put up useful and interesting web sites.  Myself,
I've put up the complete TKAA booklet that came with the soundtrack
and later disappeared from the vinyl and CD releases.  I've scanned
photographs that I had for others to enjoy.  I've scanned some
stickers for people to use as desktop backgrounds.  I've had TKAA
transferred from a 16mm print to VHS (at considerable personal
expense).  I've helped out another lister with a nice 7th row seat at
Shoreline during the 2000 tour.  I've opened my home and collection to
other local fans (hi Nick).  I even put up a rather comprehensive
listing of bootlegs and relevant material which was then wholesale
ripped off for thewho.net without even an acknowledgement or thank you
or even a "May I?".

Other fans have similarly helped me to obtain tickets to HOB, Quad
'96, Pete '95, etc., etc.

thewho.net and quadrophenia.net are also constructed by list members
for the fan community as well.  I think the web site about "The Who in
Sweden" was also created by a list member.  Brian Cady writes great
liner notes and "The Who this month" columns full of great
information.

>From my perspective, this list has been all about fans helping other
fans.
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!