Re: John Entwistle/Beatles/etc

It was wreportedly stated:

> Townshend was easily better than Harrison, and John wasn't as good as Harrison
> (not quite).

To which Lucas Bleicher wreportedly wresponded:

This is also very subjective. Although Townshend guitar playing is much
more fun to hear, the riff from "And You Bird Can Sing" is much more
difficult to play than maybe more than 95% of Townshend riffs on The
Who.

===================

All of which AnEnglishBoy wrighteously wreplies accordingly:

George Harrison is seriously under-rated, as was Lennon, as is
Townshend. They all do different jobs with their talent.

My fav of the 3 as a guitarist is Townshend, but, unlike Jeff Beck
who commented in the 1970's, "....I wish I could have played guitar
on all those BeaTles trax." (rough quote)..I think George did perfectly
well, in fact, check out his solo (very, VERY early BeaTles) on
"Till There Was You" both on the LP (Meet The BeaTles in the USA)
and the live show from Washington DC in 1964. Very jazzy and
way beyond what most British Invasion guitarists could play at the
time.

Lennon may have been Rock's first "Journeyman" guitarist, doing
what he did well, without any fanfare or blatant extremes. Another
seriously under-rated player.

As fas as "And Your Bird Can Sing" is concerned, it is one of the
great rock guitar "duets" and is very complex, by rock guitar
standards. I think it is GREAT fun!!

I don't compare The BeaTles with The Who->, I just resent the
dissing of one over the other because of the differences, rather
than appreciating them both BECAUSE of the differences.

AnEnglishBoy~