RE: A Scoop of Zak vs. a scoop of Ringo

>From: Sroundtable@aol.com
>Subject: eng boy- this may be true, but
>
>> Ringo's drumming is perfect, and suited for the songs
>> he played upon.
>>
>> He has alway been under-rated, under-appreciated,
>> and, like Charlie Watts of TheRollingStones, perfectly
>> suited for the songs and band he performed with.
>
>there is no way Ringo could ever have been the Who's drummer due to shere
>difficulty.  but keith was a fucking special drummer and
>arguably the best rock drummer ever.

Oh hell, I can't resist (despite my better judgement).
What Englishboy wrote above is completely accurate.  And Sroundtable, you're
preaching to the choir here.

>he <Moon> launched a genre- not ringo.

Oooo, I don't know about that.  Remember, it's just my HO, but I see it as
Ringo launching the genre, and Keith just taking it and running with it like
no other drummer before or since.
To me, Ringo opened the door of funny, wacky, mad-cap, zaney, flashy,
personality and drumming.  Keith just took it to the extreme.  I say "just"
as if I'm belittling his accomplishments.  Nothing could be further from the
truth.

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Scoop 3 Review
>
>My SCOOP 3 arrived today!

Bastard!

>It was a bit squished from the Eel Pie
>postal packaging.  Phooey.  What're you gonna do?

Buy a new Jewel case!

>Two CD's.  Cardboard, fold-open "case."

Awe hell.  There goes that idea.

>11. Sea & Sand - Wonderful!  More QUAD demos, please!  Brilliant!

I always find QUAD demos to be incredible.  Haven't heard one yet that I
didn't like.  Wouldn't mind hearing the entire album via Pete's own demos.
It would give the original a run for it's money (ok ML, let me have it!!!
;-)

>I hate Bruce Springsteen.

Funny, where and when I come from, you could only belong in one camp.
Either The Who, or Bruce.  The Bruce camp (at least to us Who campers) were
the goodie-goodie's trying to be cool and liking rock 'n roll.  They didn't
"party"!  How cool could you be????  And they *didn't* know rock 'n roll
(damn posers!).
We Who campers were the ones 'out in the field', literally, carrying the
torch of the late 60's.

I never doubted your Who loyalty for a moment, Scott.

>Final Grade: B-

Thanks for the review!!

Kevin in VT