Re: zak vs ringo

In article <20011120022116.95054.qmail@web12505.mail.yahoo.com>,
    Lucas Bleicher <lbleicher@yahoo.com>  writes:

> > If we were talking about someone like Buddy Rich, I
> > wouldn't think twice about it.
>
> It's really not fair to compare rock and jazz
> musicians.

Well I wasn't comparing them, I was just saying that yeah, I can
easily see Buddy Rich as being innovative.  Maybe its just that I can
only look at the Ruttles^H^H^H^H^H^H^HBeatles in retrospect that I
can't see what's innovative about Ringo.  Famous?  Yeah.  Made a big
splash?  Yeah.  Innovative?  Err.. sorry.

When I think of innovative rock drummers I think of Moonie, Neal Pert,
even John Bonham, but never Ringo.  Sorry.
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!