Re: macca at MSG

In a message dated 11/16/2001 8:56:11 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Remember that there were plenty of calls for The Who to play obscure
> numbers, too.  It's easy to say in retrospect that McCartney was wrong, but
> harder to predict the tenor of the event beforehand.

Yeah- and thank god they didn't listen to the geniuses on this forum who
wanted to hear "relay," and "naked eye" and "pure and easy"- despite my own
affection for these songs.  Problem w/this defense of Macca is that he was
the only one to "misread" the audience.  Every other premier act got it
right- all other criticisms aside.  they played stuff the audience wanted to
hear.  paul was only one to screw it up.

kevin mc