Elton John at MSG

In a message dated 11/16/2001 8:56:11 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> um, paul wasn't the only legend that cranked out some new stuff at that
> event. elton John performed "I want love" off his new album, "songs from
> the
> west coast".

One song of three he played- plus a familiar one with Billy Joel.  That's not
TWO new songs plus opening with a Beatles tune no one knew.  That's 60% of a
set with shit no one wanted to hear.  When a crowd gets to its feet to greet
a performer of the caliber of Macca, it is a horrible sign when they all sit
down 20 seconds into the first song.  I hear his ego is applying for
statehood.

Kevin Mc