Tirade? What tirade? (was re: Jeff)

Tirade? What tirade?  ;-)

Heck, that was my short version!!!  ;-)

Hey, I saw Zep in their prime, and, in fact, at my ripe old age
of almost Daltrey, Entwistle and PDBTownshend, I've about
seen 'em all, and, IMO:

*NO* band from the years 1967 (when I first saw them) until
Keith Moon's death, had the raw, yet sophisticated power,
magesty, and incredible musicianship L:IVE and in the studio
that TheWho-> had.

Plus, I LOVED the 1989 tour, accepted it for what it was, which
with the immeasurable talents of Mr. Simon Phillips on drums,
gave TheWho-> the power and fire that had been missing in the
Kenny Jones years. Now, 'member, I dig Kenny, and have since
1965 when he was in the early Small Faces, so don't get all fired up
cause all I am saying is that Kenny did not have the power that
Moonie had and Simon/Zak have. Their power suited TheWho->'s style
better, IMO.

Now, as "aging rock stars" TheWho-> still have the other acts aced,
by far, and I credit Zak's youthful vibe and power as well as Townshend's
recently acquired spirit (let alone his new prowress of guitar and vocals).

But, there is a rather new band (even if the original bass player passed on
in August 2000) that approaches the power and musicanship onstage as
TheWho-> did in their Hey Day, and that is GOV'+ MULe, that lil' ol'
band that Entwistle just recorded with.

They don't have the onstage personality and charisma, but their musical
power is the most moving thing I have ever experienced LIVE other
than TheWho->, however different the material may be. But don't let
the new CD with Entwistle, "The Deep End Vol. I" be the barometer
for what GOV'+ MULe is all about, because it is not representative
of their previous outtings, or their live show, and is a gathering of guest
bass players in the aftermath of Allen Woody's death.

End GOV'+ MULe pitch.  ;-)

FWIW Dept., I saw Jimmy Page twice with TheYardbirds in
'66 and '67, as well as with Zep in '69 abd '70, and at his best
LIVE, he has never given Townshend/TheWho-> any competition.

Page/Zep deserve the status in the rock community that he/they
occupy, but that is nowhere near the stature of TheWho-> or
Townshend.

AND, as far as the lead footed/handed Bonham is concerned,
he is not worthy of one of Keith Moon's broken drumsticks from
a night where Moon stunk live!!

Bonham is the world's most over rated drummer ever, IMO. What
a plodding, heavy handed drummer he was, with the exception of a
few highlighted, inspired moments, that were way too few and far
between.

End tirade,

AnEnglishBoy~