RE: Keith's transparent drum kit

> He also said that the Who "borrowed" their segment of the film in
> 79 and it
> hadn't been returned yet (the book was published in 1990 I believe).  He
> did have wrong why they borrowed it (said it was for
> Quadrophenia) and what
> song they played (an excerpt from "Tommy") but I still found the beer
> portion as likely to be accurate.

Jeff Stein said that he discovered the film after it had been lost and that
it would never have been released if it weren't for him. And as for not
returning it, where did they get the material for the 90's release of the
entire show?  I also don't know why anyone would have bothered to bring
beer; it's certainly not like it would have been needed. Probably just
walking into the same room with those people at the end of 1968 would have
sent you into hallucinations.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm