Re: "worst rock melt-downs"

I like "Lion King" better than any of Elton's stuff, even prior to '75.
I think he has always been a lame singer and couldn't write a decent
lyric to save his life.  He could not possibly be a "worst meltdown"
since he wasn't that great before.

Clapton has done some wonderful work in the last 5 years.  The blues
stuff stands out (the support tour for "From the Cradle" and the BB King
album) as does some of his soundtrack work for "Rush" and "Lethal
Weapon".

I would have to count John Lennon as a bit of a meltdown.  I think his
work with Yoko is largely overrated.  Yes, even "Double Fantasy" is
overrated.

Worst meltdown?  My vote goes to The Who.  Last year they were like
phoenix rising from the ashes and did redeem themselves, but they really
did meltdown in the worst way post-Moon.  Since they were the greatest
performing act ever, there was alot of room to melt/fall.

Jeff