Re: Sauce for the goose; Lifehouse

> keets:

> As far as the nervous breakdown goes, it seemed to have more to do with
> project overload and the desertion of Kit Lambert.  TOMMY and the
LIFEHOUSE
> multimedia plans were too much for Pete to manage by himself at that age,
> and then to find out Lambert was actually working against him was the
final
> straw.  I do think the frogs was probably LSD, though.  Or maybe not.
Seems
> like he had a similar vision about prairie dogs last summer.  ;)

Pete's comments about prairie dogs last summer came from the August show at
the new Mesa Del Sol Ampitheatre in New Mexico.  The venue is an open air
"theatre" with seats in the lower section and a grassy hill lawn section in
the rear.  Just to get to the venue you have to drive down a long and
winding road, about five miles, basically in the middle of nowhere.  There
are no trees, houses, or any other signs of civilization along this road.
It seemed to me like we were heading for a state penitentiary, or hospital
for the criminally insane!  When the band came on stage, Pete squinted out
to the audience and said that we looked like a bunch of prairie dogs out
there!

Albuquerque did have a decent classic rock station though.  The Eagle, I
believe.  They played about an hours worth of Who songs after the concert,
and in general featured more of the lesser known tunes of classic rock
artists.  Certainly more entertaining than the "same old song and dance"
music that is played on classic rock stations here in Boston.