Re: Sauce for the goose; Lifehouse

>The idea wasn't so complex that I couldn't understand it. Perhaps parties
>involved were too stoned to understand or articulate the idea, in 1971. One
>doesn't have a nervous breakdown merely because he isn't able to get an
>idea across.

I think the problem was that Pete really wanted it to happen.  It wasn't
just something that he wanted to sing about--he actually wanted to become a
spiritual leader and make it happen as something permanent.  It does happen
in the Who audiences, I think, for maybe seconds at a time, and he can see
it from up there on the stage.  He can feel the communion when the band has
the audience with them.  (Roger can, too, but he calls it magic.  Haven't
heard John comment.)

As far as the nervous breakdown goes, it seemed to have more to do with
project overload and the desertion of Kit Lambert.  TOMMY and the LIFEHOUSE
multimedia plans were too much for Pete to manage by himself at that age,
and then to find out Lambert was actually working against him was the final
straw.  I do think the frogs was probably LSD, though.  Or maybe not.  Seems
like he had a similar vision about prairie dogs last summer.  ;)

keets