Re: This aint no social crisis!

In article <F66UMTzFm15k4R9xC2p0001afbd@hotmail.com>,
    "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>  writes:

> Does this mean your state missed out on the national recession that happened
> during the 1st Bush Administration?

"National recession" is defined as two consecutive quarters of
negative growth in GDP, AFAICR.  Shrinkage in the GDP isn't evenly
distributed across every city in the USA.  For instance, southern
California had the aerospace industry hid the toilet after the cold
war ended in '89, and they were hard hit economically.

Many of them moved to Utah because the economy was better here.

So yes, a "national recession" doesn't mean that every town in the USA
was in recession.  Like I said, regional.
--
Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
         Home <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>