Re: This aint no social crisis!

In article <9DE44DE48562D11195EB00805FF5101B04F9BCE1@burlington13.vtmednet.org>,
    "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org>  writes:

> Music in the 60's was so powerful, because the times were quite powerful.
> We saw it again in the early-mid 90's with Grunge and all the social unrest
> of that time (due to poor economy, disillusionment, etc.).

This has been stated several times on this list w.r.t. grunge and
Nirvana in particular, but I never saw any of this "poor economy"
and "disillusionment".  I don't live in Seattle where the suicide
rate is quite higher than the national average (attributed to so many
days of rain); I live in a nice sunshine state where things have been
doing quite well over the past decade.

I just don't buy into this "grunge was a response to national malaise"
argument because the malaise wasn't national.  Regional, sure, but not
national.
--
Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
         Home <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>