Re: worst concert experience

One the subject of worst concert experiences, how about this:
Whats the longest you've waited in line for tickets to a concert (Who or
non-who)

Last spring I tried to get tickets to Our Lady Peace from Ticketmaster and
wining them off the radio to no avail.  Then it was announced that the first
200 people in the door could get tickets.

So the day of the concert I got up 7 in the morning to drive from Tiffin,
Ohio (50 miles southeast of Toledo, OH) to Detroit, MI.

After an hour and 15 minute delay in Toledo waiting for the drawbridge to
become unstuck.  I made it to St. Andrews Hall in Detroit somewhere around
11:30 and joined about 20 other people already in line.

So there I stood in the 35 degree Detroit cold for 9 hours and finally they
opened the doors ... to those who already had tickets.  So we had to wait
while some 800 people (Only a 1000 seat venue) made thier way into the place
and then they let in the extra 200 people.

It was well worth it though, the concert was awsome.  And to think they all
laughed at me when I said I was spending spring break in Detroit.

As a follow up to that, about a month and a half later I got it easy and
just won free tickets along with backstage passes to their show in Toledo.
Only had to wait an hour to get in for that one.

Long Live Rock,
Brian Wright
http://www.wright-onthe-web.com