Re: Current HS listening

In article <NEBBKHIKOLIGPHDJHEFHEEFHCEAA.cadyb@home.com>,
    "Brian Cady" <cadyb@home.com>  writes:

> does. In other words, they're just not as interested in music as in other
> things.

Sounds reasonable.  There are -tons- of diversions, electronic and
otherwise, available these days.  VCRs, CD players, video game consoles,
and satellite TV alone have seriously invaded our sphere of interests
over the past 20-25 years.  In 1950, the only electronic entertainment
that existed was radio and TV was just beginning.  By 1960, radio had to
compete with TV, but radio was 'kind' of music and TV was 'king' of
popular visual entertainment.  Nothing much had changed by 1970.  By
1980, cable TV makes a dent in broadcast TV, MTV makes a dent in the
music industry, the walkman makes a dent in music listening habits,
and video games just start to appear.  By 1990, video games are big,
cable TV is being dented by satellite TV, MTV is influencing the music
biz. more than the biz. is influencing MTV and electronic entertainment
has blossomed beyond arcade video games.  By 2000, the internet is also
competing for our attention in addition to all those other phenomena just
mentioned which continue to gain in mindshare.

So yeah, people from the older times that have fewer interests in these
new approaches of entertainment buy proportionately more of the old
entertainment media.
--
Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
         Home <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/>