Re: Current HS listening

Brian Cady wrote:

> The reason I asked if young people are really interested in Britney Spears
> music or it was just background noise to them wasn't a dig. It was a serious
> question based on an article I read recently that said that, despite the
> media attention and what tops the charts, the real purchasing force in music
> now are people my age; i.e., boomers and immediate post-boomers. The article
> suggested that young people just don't buy music in the volume my generation
> does. In other words, they're just not as interested in music as in other
> things.

	I'm 37 years of age, and when I was in my early teens (especially)
there probably weren't nearly as much distracting activities from music
to do as there are nowadays.
	For example........we didn't have the internet back in the late '70s
(hell, not even the late '80s!), and we just plain didn't have the
general mass media global communications systems forums back in the
olden days.......so activities for young people were VERY limited to
just partying and listening to music/going to concerts and the beach in
the off from school hours of the day!

								Joseph