No Subject

> as much closer to punk than piercings, and the sort.  Goth, at least is
> saying, "we don't fit in, but we're here anyway!".

Goth comes from bands like New Order and Depeche Mode, which were New Wave
which grew out of Punk.

> Limp Bizdick, and other such types are merely "anger bands" searching for

Money. They're just angry enough to make a lot of money. Angry as they need
to be.

> True enough.  Personally, I think the MC5 are often overlooked as being

I consider them another influence, but as you say not a large one. And of
course, they based a song on the first three chords of I Can See For Miles.

> Maybe on 'Little Wing' but D&D was blues-influenced.

I know, but that's not what I meant...I'm talking about the technical aspect
of their music, the precision of the songs. Not the actual style of music,
you see. The Stones are also Blues-influenced, but they're sloppy as Hell.
The Animals, on the other hand, were precise as Hell.

> blues.  Have you heard the D&D live set?  Pretty sloppy stuff, must've
> been the heroin.

I've got it, and yes Eric WAS on heroin.

> After all this Prog talk has got me wondering.  Where do you see The Who
> gettting Progressive?  Rael, Relax, Tommy?

This is a very hard question. I think they were innovative from the very
first, but if you're talking about Progressive Rock then I'd have to say
Tommy.

> "The Ox."

Keets:

See, an argument could be made for a lot of their songs. I can agree, and
even cite Out In The Street.

> have to say "Love, Reign O'er Me" gets that 'prize.'  Maybe "Sea &
> Sand" but I kinda like "Sea & Sand."

Scott:

ARRRRGGGGH! WHAT a thread!

S&S is one of the best tracks, so is LROM.

But if I can't say "None" and was forced, at gunpoint...no, more like what
happened to Pacino in the end of Scarface, then I'd say the weakest track is
The Rock.

> to have worked or i wouldnt be writing this.  Honestly The Rock is the
only
> track I find myself skipping over.

Drew:

A man after my own heart.

> In all honesty the Album version of Drowned is probably the only one that
is
> weak.

I take that back! What a thread! Hey-Zeus H. Bush, for crimines sake!

> > P.S.:  BTW, "QUADROPHENIA doesn't *have* any weak tracks"
> > is *not* an answer!

Scott:

YES it IS too! It's the ONLY answer!

     "We don't believe in planners and deciders
             making the decisions on behalf of Americans."
                  George "I know what I mean" Bush

            Cheers                        ML