I wanna be punk

> I still think it's a leap to say the Ramones influenced The SP.
> I don't even see similar styles.
> And that *is* my final answer.
>
> What was the original topic again???????  ;-)

I think the original topic was The Who, specifically is 'My Generation'
the original acorn from which the entire punk forrest sprouted?  I think
ML said it was the most influential rock song since 1965.

I think the answer is yes (I should, it was my point).  In the Ramones
(specifically the 1st album) and Pistols you hear the speedy surf rhythm
and chords punctuated by youthful snottiness in the vocals and lyrics.
Anti-folk, anti-soft pop, anti-disco, anti-prog rock.  This is not an
easy argument to make partly because punk 'attitude' has often prevented
musicians from acknowledging that anyone had any influence on them.

So lets say the Ramones did not influence SP, did 'My Generation'
influence both?  For extra credit - how?

Jeff