RE: Gabba Gabba Grammy

From: Jeff House [mailto:jjthandmeh@juno.com]
Subject: Gabba Gabba Grammy

>> The Sex Pistols released Never Mind the Bullocks back in the
>> mid-late 70's
>> (anyone have the exact date?), while The Ramones didn't hit it until
>> the
>> mid-80's.
>
>Is that your final answer?  The Ramones are post- 'My Generation, Stooges
>and MC5, but pre-Pistols.  I don't know what you mean by "hit" - they
>never really had any hits to speak of.   Their debut album and 1st gigs
>of the UK were in 1976.

Thanks for the web link. Per this link, the SP formed in '72 and had gigs in
'75.  So, I was right (I think)!!!
What I mean by "hit it" is when they became a "force to be reckoned with".
I've always been pretty in tune with Music, and I don't really remember The
Ramones until my second year in College ('85).  This is when they became a
"recognized band" to me.
Thanks for the education though.
I think there is a difference between when a band forms and begins to play,
vs. when they are recognized by the general music listening population other
than where they happen to play gigs (Look at Red Hot CP).
And, trust me, I'm not saying I'm the tell all barometer for when a group
"hit's it".
I still think it's a leap to say the Ramones influenced The SP.
I don't even see similar styles.
And that *is* my final answer.

Oh, and GnR.  Only metalish band that I ever even liked just a little.  Just
not into that scene.

What was the original topic again???????  ;-)

Kevin in VT