Re: the Constitution and the Who in Cleveland

mark Leaman writes:

<< You may not like Hillary, but she's certainly been more successful than
you (or
 I). At least, so far.

Gee - let's measure that success.  She became a lawyer - big deal.  This
country is polluted with them.  She tried to do something about schools in
Arkansas and screwed it up.  She tried to socialize health care in this
country - and thankfully screwed that up once the numbers were crunched and
people came to realize that the government usually fucks up everything it
touches.  She fired the White House travel staff so she could put in cronies,
for which she was indicted recently, by the way, and the prosecutor dropped
it as he said "I could not find an impartial jury in Washington DC to try the
case."  The jury is still out on Whitewater - and the guy that stated he
would sing like a canary about the Clintons, James McDougal, was killed by
his jailers who withheld his heart medication so he could die of a heart
attack and be silenced.  She commited fraud to the people of New York by
moving there to run for Senate (because she cares SO MUCH for them and their
needs!) then recently put the house up for sale to move back to Washington DC
- she now has no residence in NY at all!  She will also run for president in
2004 - thus lying to the people of NY when she told them she will stay for 6
years (assuming other things don't come out that she can be indicted for).
When she was in college, she helped lead a rally to free Black Panthers who
were in jail for the torture/murder of one of their own for ratting to the
police on their activities.  So much for her respect of law and order.  As a
Senate candidate she ran off at the mouth about the shooting of the guy by
NYPD calling it a "murder" when she had no idea what the facts were for that
case.  If she is such a shit-hot lawyer she would know that the term "murder"
in legalese, means premeditated, or planned before the fact.  That means
those cops all PLANNED to kill that guy before the incident even happened!

She is a political opportunist who is hung up on one thing only that matters
to her - political power and its retention.  PERIOD!  It has NOTHING to do
with helping other people at all.

If that is success Mark, I would rather live in a pup tent in a muddy field
for the rest of my life!  I could at least look myself in the mirror with a
clean conscience every day!

> You know, that's a funny thing...as I recall, it was Bush and the GOP who
 rejected the will of the state of Florida via the Federal Court. I guess
 what they stand for depends on what they want, and can change accordingly.
 >BTW, would you call that "integrity?" I wouldn't, but maybe that's me.

Uhh...the will of the people of Florida was, in all the counts and recounts I
saw on the news and read about, to elect George Bush.  He was ahead in EVERY
count and recount I saw!  What the whole mess was about was, as David Boiles
slipped up in front of the Florida Supreme Court and said the truth (for
once), "this is about counting all the Al Gore votes!"  Fortunately, Boiles
is being brought up for legal sanctions as he filed a fraudulent brief before
the FLA Supreme Court.  It was NOT about counting ALL the votes at all -
hence their stupid attempts to count votes on ballot cards that weren't even
there (like Gore could not realize that many people did not vote for ANYONE
for president - yet he was obsessed that they MEANT to vote for HIM????), and
their attempts to toss out 25,000 absentee military ballots, especially after
they saw them coming in at over three to one for Bush!

Then, when the FLA Supreme Court overstepped its bounds in terms of what a
court is supposed to do, the US Supreme Court stepped in and slapped them but
good!  There is a Federal supremacy clause in the US Constitution, and the
Bush team appealed to the court along those lines as there were 4 standards
minimum in use in Florida (as reported by the DEMOCRATIC precinct people
themselves, some of whom quit over this debacle) for dealing with a Federal
election.  When the state fucks up like that the Federal government, when
dealing with things of Federal importance, can legally step in and take care
of it.  That is the law of the land - but then Democrats seem to have little
use for law these days!

I just laughed myself silly seeing these Democrats suing other Democrats in
Florida and appealing to Democrat judges (who at least for the most part,
cared about law than politics - until the state supreme court anyway!) for
help, and getting shot down the whole time by - Democrats!!!!!!
HILARIOUS!!!!!   Sure makes me embarrassed as Hell to admit I was a Democrat
once - when I was a lot younger and a LOT lesser wiser!  Even a recent issue
of Time Magazine took Gore to task for all of this mess - and conservative
they are not!

> As an historical document, it's fine. But this is the future, my friend.
 >Jefferson and his pals didn't envision assault rifles and space shuttles.

Well Mark - that's an "F" in any Civics or government class I can think of!
It is NOT a historical document - it IS the supreme law of the United States
- and one that all Federal politicians are sworn to defend and uphold (not
that that means anything to them once they get in office of course!)  The
framers wrote in ways to alter the document according to need of the times -
by the amendment process!  It has been amended nearly 30 times since 1789
Mark - by that proper process.  That does not mean you circumvent it by
issuing stupid mandates, passing laws that circumvent it that are sometimes
challenged in court and then tossed out (as they should be), by adding more
and more government departments that violate the law of the land in terms of
the area of Federal responsibility, etc.  You need something changed - get an
amendment passed.

As to the assault rifles nonsense - muskets with bayonets were assault rifles
in their time!  Yet the people had them as they were required to be in the
militias.  Switzerland has the highest rate of modern assault rifle ownership
in the world.  Every man in the country owns an H & K German military assault
rifle - every man is in the Swiss Army as well.  Please site me the murder
rate there by these weapons if you can!  You cannot - because it is a big fat
ZERO!!!   Israel is also loaded with assault weapons, and other than
terrorist incidents, the murder rate is near zero as well.  Even the guy that
shot up his place of work in the People's Republic of Massachusetts a week
ago had an assault rifle - but only used his shotgun to do the killing.  Had
Massachusetts cared enough for the true safety of its citizens and had a
concealed weapons permit law in place, maybe more of those folks would be
alive today if they themselves had been armed and able to defend themselves!

The problem with the anti-gun people is, they use only emotional outbursts to
make their case - as they have no concrete facts from police of FBI records
to back them up.  GUN LAWS ONLY HARM THE LAW ABIDING!!!!!!!  Or better yet,
ask the over 50 Million people who were slaughtered in the 20th Century by
despots from Stalin to Hitler to Pol Pot to whoever, who established gun
control and then these people were made defenseless and killed in mass!  How
successful would Hitler's "Final Solution" had been if the 11 million people
he murdered been armed and able to fight back????

> Don't worry; they'll be out in (Congress) two and then (Presidency) four
 >years. We can hold out. >>

If the economy is fine and people have money in their pockets (not that a
president does fuck-all about that - but it is the myth that the people
choose to follow), don't bet on it!  Either way, the government will still
get bigger and more and more personal liberties will be lost to us all, as
neither Dems of Reps have any respect for that or the Constitution or
liberty.  The men that started this nation would be appalled!

Which is why I vote LIbertarian!

As to the Who in Cleveland, while I was at the big Philly record/CD show in
November I picked up a box set of a video and 2 CD set of the Who in
Cleveland in 2000.  That may be the set that other guy was asking about.  I
have not had the chance to watch it as yet or listen to the CD, but I hear
both are very good audience recordings.

Greg Biggs