Re: Tommy on celluloid & Live At Last

Mark remarked:

>...know well there is still enough unreleased live material of interest to
>compose a four disc set if not five disc. Runaround Sue??? Please Don't
>Touch? Born On A Bayou? This stuff begs for release.

"Please Don't Touch" is actually a studio track which
The Who recorded a few days before they synched to it
for the "Ready, Steady, Go!" Xmas show '65. (Initially,
they had selected another song to do - can't remember
which). As much as it would be nice to see its release,
the song wouldn't belong on a live compilation.

>I was hoping the MG would include some of the Ready Steady Go
>material, but it seems not.

I am very intrigued by what is still "in the archives"
since so many of the RSG! performances are believed to
have been wiped after broadcast. It's disheartening to
know that out of all the times The Who appeared there,
only 2 songs (from the same show) have been officially
released.

Stoo