Re: the unknown element /Quad in NJ

> >here that are not exactly young and though I am
> >certainly not saying that they can produce new music
> >but whats the point? what is there to prove by making
> >a new album? some of us just don't see the sense
> >in new music from a band that reached their peak so
> >very long ago, and maybe Pete feels this way too?

The same argument could be made for B.B. King or any of the other
"elder bluesman" that didn't manage to die before the age of 30.

I don't buy the "band beyond its peak" argument.  They didn't look
beyond their peak when I saw them play live in 2000.

Then there is the supposition that any record must -prove- something.
Fuck that!  They proved themselves long ago, they have no need to
'prove' themselves.  They are not some unknown act that noone has ever
heard of needing to 'prove' that they can pull off an album, a concert
or a tour.

I don't need them to prove anything to me, never did, never will.  All
I ask is that they ignore everyone else's expectations and make art
that -they- are proud of and are willing to share with me.  That's all
anyone can ever ask of any artist.  If you get anything more than
that, consider yourself lucky.  With The Who, we have been so
incredibly lucky over the years to get more than most.
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!