I am Spock and Jimmy

Jon R  "Somehow on this list, being at all critical of anyone in the band or
even anyone working for the band, e.g. Astley or Curbishley, is frowned
upon.  You can love something and still not lose the ability to be critical
of parts of it that suck."

Jon,
I don't know if I entirely buy the generalization in the 1st sentence above,
but it is certainly asking for trouble.  Sometimes it is fun to throw stuff
out there just to get a rise and start a thread.  I appreciate the fact that
you started something.

I haven't been able to get the kind rise that your review received in a
while.  I'll have to give it some thought :-)

How about this?  I would love to see some tap dancing scooterboys and
pinstriped lawyers on Broadway singing a 'West Side Story'-style version of
'The Punk and the Godfather'.  Maybe then the masses of stuffed shirt
critics would finally think Pete Townshend really is a genius and that
Quadrophenia has something to say to all of us that we need to hear.

Jeff