Re: Kemper Arena 1975

> Now I can recognise these as Pete Demos, but the question is
>
> where did this filler come from?

> Slip kid

Well, depending on the sound quality, this could've been taken from
the recent LIFEHOUSE CHRONICLES release.  None of my old
boots have the "Slip Kid" demo, but then again I don't own 'em all!

> Instrumental

No idea.  Would need more info.

> Just a kid from Brooklyn

Is this "Brooklyn Kids" or someting different?  I seem to recall having
seen that title before.  Not sure.

> I'm gonna make you mine

This is rather old & has been appearing on various boots for years.

> Squeeze box

Could be directly from SCOOP.  Again, I don't think any of my older
boots have the "Squeeze Box" demo on them, but stuff gets around, ya'
know what I'm saying?

> The Seeker

Might be taken from the CD re-release of WHO CAME FIRST.

> Top Gear

God, this one has been circulating on boots for ages.  Many of my old
vinyl boots include it.  Could be from a number of sources.  Fun song!

> I don't even know myself

Same as "Top Gear."  It's been around for ages.  Many boots have it.

> Was it just lifted from another boot, and if so, which one?

The songs were probably taken from several different boots.  If the sound-
quality is too good, you know they took it from an official release like
SCOOP or CHRONICLES.  If the sound quality is shakey, it's most
likely taken from an old vinyl boot (listen for vinyl's trademark pops &
clicks).

Many boots will contain part of a live show with some "rare" demos or
outtakes tacked on to fill up the CD.  These are almost always taken from
various sources as opposed to one particular boot.

- SCHRADE in Akron