Re: Entwistle on new Gov't Mule album

>The May sessions will include performances by Bootsy Collins, >Me'shell
Ndegecello, Mike Watt, Billy Cox, John Paul Jones
>and John Entwistle. Bassists such as Les Claypool, Lesh, Tony >Levin, Mike
Gordon and Gregg Allman (um, I don't think so) :)
>already have recorded tracks.

This is great news.  The Mule are my favorite current band and
are/were a monster power trio.   Just about every Rock (or
otherwise) bass player of note in the last 40 years is recording
with them.  There are only two I can think of right now not
involved Macca and Sting, but there is still time.  Bassists
apparently confirmed so far include:

Les Claypool (Primus)
Phil Lesh (Grateful Dead, Phil & Friends)
Alphonso Johnson (Chuck Mangione Quartet, Weather Report, Santana, Bobby &
the Midnighters, Jazz is Dead, The Other Ones)
Francis "Rocco" Prestia (Tower of Power)
Jack Casady (Hot Tuna, Jefferson Airplane)
Chris Squire (Yes)
Mike Gordon (Phish)
Bootsy Collins (James Brown, George Clinton & P-Funk)
Dave Schools (Widespread Panic)
Chris Wood (Medeski, Martin & Wood)
Jack Bruce (Cream, West, Bruce & Laing, etc.)
Tony Levin (King Crimson)
Oteil Burbridge (Allman Brothers)
Billy Cox (Jimi Hendrix Experience, Band of Gypsys)
Me'shell Ndegecello
Mike Watt (Minutemen, firehouse)
John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin)
John Entwistle (some band I can't remember the name of) :)
---------

Bruce