Re: CDRs

> Hey, y'all.  This has been worrying me.  What the hell is a "legitimate"
> boot?  Vinyl?

Yeah, anything on vinyl I would consider a legitimate boot.  Some people own
reel-to-reel tape boots, too.  *Manufactured* CD's (as opposed to CDR's -
recordable CD's) are legitimate boots.  Now, there are *some* CD boots that
have only been made as CDR's; I would consider these as legitimate, also.

The problem is many people are taking the legitimate boots (vinyl or manufac-
tured CD's) & making cheaper copies via CDR's.  Therfore, an unsuspecting
person might think they're buying a *legitimate* boot when they're really getting
a CDR *copy* of "the real thing."

If you're unsure about a CD boot , look at the back of the actual CD.  If it's
silvery & mirror-like, it's legit.  If it's yellowish, greenish, or bluish or has some
other color tint to it, it's a CDR, & *might* be a copy of something else.

Also CDR copies of boots generally have paper covers of poorer print quality
than the legit, regular CD.

But again, many of the newer boots (2000 tour especially) have skipped the
"manufacturing" stage & started life as CDR's from the get go.

- SCHRADE in Akron