fear

"HEY -  I need some WHO songs in these troubled times!"

Whoa.  Before you get the impression that I have a clue how to dear with
fear, I should say that I am often crippled by it.  I have yet to find any
simple answers.

I posted a similar question to this group (and another list) a few weeks ago
and really didn't get a satisfactory answer.  Let me share what I found on
my own.

"Tommy" (preferrably a live performance) and "Naked Eye" are the best Who
medicine for me.  With Tommy you have the hero overcoming the shit the world
dumps on him by connecting with others "See Me/Listening to You" and by
reflection.  The magic of connecting with others is personified in a great
live perfomance.

"Naked Eye" is comforting to me because it expresses the truth that nothing
is as it seems at first glance.  Again, the magic of connecting with others
is expressed by the music.

Non-Who stuff that has helped me recenty:  "Walk On" on U2s new album and
"Wages of Fear" by Lou Reed (I've got that one on "Live in Concert".

My best to you.

Jeff in MA