Re: Replacing Keith

>The truth is there is not a
> shred of evidence to support that Moon was about to be fired from the Who.

I'm afraid, as I recently found out, there seems to be some hard evidence
out there that someone was looking to replace Moon prior to his death.
Unfortunately, I've been told by someone who knows the drummer who was one
of those approached that I can't say more publicly.  And there was more than
just Dave Marsh saying that.

Here's what I suspect was happening in Summer 1978.  I think Bill
Curbishley, The Who's then and present manager, was lining up replacements
for Keith in case of a tour and was the one who was thinking of replacing
Keith.  Perhaps the horrors he went through with Keith in Florida in 1976
where Keith almost accidentally killed himself and had to be hospitalized
convinced Curbishley that he'd had enough.  Perhaps Pete was also informed
of this.  Maybe Roger and John were kept out of the loop (and might have
stopped it).  But I suspect Curbishley was the one behind the
push-Keith-aside thing.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm