Audiophenia

> Yeah. Who do care?

Mike:

I care, and I'm sure it would sell. I don't know if The Who care.
Apparently they're not too keen on releasing the vast amount of yet
unreleased material.

> been in a band, how would I know. Tommy is great but I have listened
enough.

I can understand that; it's one reason I don't "follow" bands when they
tour. But TLAL is unique in many ways, one being the only live version of
Sally Simpson before 1989 (that I know of) available. The performance is
damned strong, too...as good as the rest of the album. As I said before,
Amsterdam will always have a special place in my heart because it was the
first live Tommy I heard, but if I had to pick one to release it would be
the LAL version.

> performance despite how many live versions I had heard. But that's enuff.

We're in agreement on this...I'd have rather they left out Baba, BBE
(although it was a very good version in Atlanta), PW and WGFA. I wish
they'd opened with I'm Free rather than ICE. However, when I do want to
hear it live I want the version from the first tour of it. It's usually got
a lot more energy (because they're not tired of it yet).
What I'd like is a boxed set with the songs live from their period.

> It's not the only show The Who ever did that was umm... great. :)

How can I argue with that?

> Pete tells Trinifold to release such and such, will they implement it? Or

Probably not. Usually the label says they can't make a profit and that
kills the deal.

> My ONLY grievance is with the mistake on "It's In You" on Face Dances.
> Mainly a grievance because I can't get the song anywhere else...

Jeremy:

You CAN get it, if you buy it now. The digital error has been corrected.

> The feeling is about the same as if you went to a Who concert and the
tallest guy around
> stood right in front of you.

Brian:

What, did you have to stand behind Alan in Atlanta?

> Psychoderelict and the redone It's Hard from Mark's store and had great
> conversations with him and his customers.

Dave:

There is a lot of that here.

> April (hint to Mark if you're trying to decide when to hold Whofest this

I am thinking of that time of year, because it's still cool but hot enough
to swim (etc.) and rates are lower, too. Yet everything's open for the
visitors.

> homosexuality,

I'd have to disagree with that.

> lesbianism

And this; it's not a sickness but an opportunity.

> Judgements?  Let me check the rulebook on that.  I agree the FACE DANCES
> (& IT"S HARD) reissues could've been better but I look at it like "oh
well, that's
> what we got!"

Scott:

I accept it, but still consider what could have been. Hey, what is The
Who's career anyway but a bunch of "could have beens?"

> One.  My Carpenters box set.

It took guts to admit to owning that. I salute you.

> Bunker during an important bowling match: "Arch, don't get your balls in
an uproar."

Never.

> Zoophilia is that awful U2 album & tour from a while back.  Boy I tell
> ya', ever since Joshua Tree.......

You nailed it!

"But the top 1% will end up paying 1/3 of the
   taxes in America and they get 1/5 of the benefits."
"the top -- the wealthy people pay 62 percent
   of the taxes today; afterwards, they pay 64 percent."
            George W. Bush aka Governor Fuzzy Math

                    Cheers                  ML