Free show for Who fans (NYC)

Steve Luongo has asked me to let the Who mailing lists know that he
and Godfrey Townsend will be hosting a jam at Le Bar Bat (57th St.)
in New York City on Thursday, May 25th.  Many musicians will rotate
in and out of the performing lineup through the evening.  Steve would
like to invite Who fans to come see the show FREE as a thank-you for
the support we have given The Who and the John Entwistle Band.  There
will be lots of music of various kinds, but Steve mentioned Long Live
Rock, Baba O'Riley, Love Ain't For Keeping, and possibly 5:15 as Who
songs he and Godfrey are planning to perform.  It'll be a loose, fun
evening with lots of good music.

You must be 21 to get into Le Bar Bat.

If you meet the age requirement and would like to see the show,
e-mail bitsamail@aol.com with the subject "Le Bar Bat guest list".
Be sure to include your full name, and that of your companion (if and
when you know who they are), as IDs will be checked at the door. The
first 20 responses will be put on the guest list for the show, with
one companion each. (The companion, also, must be over 21.)

Just to quash any possible rumors, neither John nor any other Who
member will be there.

Having seen something like this during the '96 Quad shows, all I can
say is I wish I could be there myself...there are lots of very
talented musicians in New York who come to these jams.

And be careful out there.  As John said, "I'd rather drink not drive."

PS:  Unfortunately, due to a routing problem my initial post early
this morning to thewho@igtc.com bounced -- this is a repost.  In the
(hopefully unlikely) event that this puts any IGTC reader at a
disadvantage for getting a place on the guest list, please e-mail me
personally.

Cheers,
Alan
"It's not like bein' possessed or anything...it's just...*I* *do* *my* *job*."
     --Pete Townshend