The 'ooo

I bought a double album called 'The Who Collection' when I was about 17. It disappeared from my collection years ago, & I thought no more of it - well do you remember what you were like when you were a teenager? Besides that, at the time I was more into the likes of Iron Maiden & Motorhead...
Anyway, about 8 months ago a friend of mine lent me a video copy of 'Quadrophenia' - I'd never seen it before. Talk about getting instantly bitten by the Who bug! Over the ensuing months I have managed to get my grubby little hands on as many Who CDs as I can - complemented this morning by the first CD copy of 'The Who sings My Generation' that I have seen in any shop, anywhere (and I don't care what I've read/heard about the MCA CD of this - I defy people to not feel an awesome pleasure surge through their body when they hear 'The Kids Are Alright'). I even managed to get tickets to see Pete Townshend record 'Storytellers' (& those idiots at VH-1 edited the crap out of it - they totaly cut out an amazing version of 'Join Together' & cut up 'Lets See Action' - Philistines!!)
While I'm rabbiting on - if you ever get the chance, go and see a Who tribute band called 'Who's Who'. They may not look like The Who but they don't half sound like them. An audio & visual re-enactment of every Live album the Who recorded. They even have their own website:  www.thewho.co.uk - check it out.
Favourite Album? No competition - Quadrophenia
Favourite song? A split decision between 'So Sad About Us' & 'Won't Get Fooled Again'
So what I'm basically saying is that although people may gripe & groan about many aspects about The Who, they ARE The Who. And that's why we're all sat here reading all these Who-mails, isn't it??
And just to finish off - I'd just like to say to Pete, Roger, John, Keith, Kenney, Rabbit, & Zak - THANK YOU FOR THE WHO!!!