RE: Let the Who/Zepp debate rage on !!!!

ok your right about it being a thing between the fans,
but i for one love the Whos music as much as led
zeppelin.  i see where u are coming from when u say
that the Who took the hard way.  i think that the Who
are greatly under appreciated (ya i cant spell) and
have not received the greatest of thanks from music
fans, everywhere and every genre.

Rock n Roll is played loud or not played at all.
Chicago boy, who fan since age 6

--- "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org>
wrote:
> > how u can not stand Led Zeppelin but like the Who
> is
> > beyond my thinking.  both groups were pioneers of
> rock
> > and roll, but in differnt areas.
> >
> 	[O'Neal, Kevin W.] .  First off I just want to make
> note of what
> happens when a group is told not to follow a certain
> thread.  We're all
> rebels, and I for one like to stir the pot (don't
> say it) at times!!!
> Lesson learned, people shouldn't tell people what to
> do or not do.
> Everyone, please take this discussion in the
> light-hearted manner it is
> meant.  Debating/discussing does not equate with
> arguing.  :) (notice the
> smiley faces.. :o)
>
> 	With that said,  I personally feel it's a loyalty
> thing.  To me it's
> a contradiction to be fans of both The Who and Zepp.
> (ouch, ok, let me have
> it).  I mean after all, there is the rivalry there
> from way back.  I
> remember as a kid (1970's) always ranking the bands
> (not my personal
> opinion, but rather populous opinion) as 1) Beatles,
> 2) R. Stones, 3) Who,
> 4) Zepp..  and arguing with friends of who was
> really 3 or 4.  Also,Zep
> clearly copied The Who.  The Who was first. The Who
> were *THE* pioneers.  It
> all goes back to the early days.  Keith's comments
> on "going down like a Led
> Zeppelin", Plant blatantly copying Rogers style,
> Bonnam blatantly copying
> Keith's drumming style,  Keith and John deciding not
> to join Zepp.  The only
> things Zepp. "pioneered" were the use of a string
> bow on the electric guitar
> (something I still like and respect Page for,...then
> again, I'm a Cello
> player, so..), and how to bully record companies
> into getting what they
> want.
> 	This leads me into another thing many don't/didn't
> like about
> Zepp....Zepp made an incredible amount of money
> while the Who did it the
> hard way, breaking ground (and other things) for
> bands like Zepp.  Wish The
> Who had the strong arm manager that Zepp
> had.....well, maybe not.
>
> >   The Who were more
> > modern, trying new stuff that had never been done
> > before.
> >
> 	[O'Neal, Kevin W.] That's called exploring your
> musical and creative
> talents.  If you aint got any, you're stuck. It also
> leads into class
> (social) and intelligence.
>
> >   Led Zeppelin was more true to the roots of
> > rock and roll, more of a blues roots.  not that
> the
> > Who were not into bluse, but they were more into
> > advanceing rock and roll then remaining in the
> roots.
> >
> 	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  The Who took the roots and made
> [...]

=====
Life is a dark, desolate plain.  Life is also a bright and shinning garden.  Which one you live is up to you.--bJb