Obsession & Overspending for 35 yr. old rock band

RE: Jeff's message                                                              1) We have way too much money and time on our hands, I think.               2)Our access to multimedia allows us to feed on our obsessions nonstop.  (If there had been VCR's when I was a teen, I would have watched music videos 24 hrs. a day during the summer, I bet.  And the Internet is just as addictive).                                                              3) Even my kids like the WHO, so that must mean they're transcending generations (and many of whodigest subscribers are younger than myself - there must be something very special indeed about this band).                    4) Their music is incredibly diverse - amazing when you realize almost all the songs are written by one man - the genius of Townshend.            5) This band has something for everyone - three (and, in the glory days, four) very distinct personalities, with individual talents - all very fun to watch.  The Beatles and!
 the Stones all seemed to blend together - The Who were four individuals, distinctly apart.  They reminded me of a garage band, though an incredibly talented one.  They seemed so accessible, like boys in the neighborhood.  I guess I still think of them like that.           6) The WHO is from the time when rock and roll was still rebellious and radical.  We go to these concerts, hoping to recapture that feeling, I believe.                                                                            -
Jill_
--

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at http://home.netscape.com/webmail/