PT & JAE

Pete mentioned in his interview with Q magazine this past spring re: relationship with John, that he is the one band member Pete never tried to punch out.  That when Pete hit Roger during Quad rehearsal, John immediately grabbed Roger to keep the inevitable from taking place - but Pete said "Let him go - let's get it over with."  And ended up in the hospital, I believe.  Too bad we don't have video footage.                       John must have been dissatisfied during the 60's, though.  According to latest Moon biography, John and Keith were always talking about leaving the band, forming their own group.  Up until 1967, it seems that John and Keith were pretty tight, and that Keith felt that John's marriage would interfere with their friendship (even though Keith was already married).  John mentions this in a video (the making of the stage play TOMMY?); about how he and Keith felt left out, because Pete and Roger were so close.  Interesting.
--

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at http://home.netscape.com/webmail/