Many & Varied

Lots to say today.  First, a gentle request:  Could some of you out
there please check your browser settings and adjust them so that the
newsletter isn't full of garbage?  (Computer-generated garbage, that is;
I make no editorial comment concerning the content of messages.)  It's
getting so I have to scroll through pages of copied material and/or MIME
format junk to get to the meat of a post.  I can't tell you how to stop
that nonsense, but try your browser's website.

>Here's a nice little Pete interview Mom Schrade snagged for me from one

of the local rags.  I guess it's taken from Rolling Stone magazine but
as I
don't read Rolling Stone magazine because it blows so horribly bad, it
was
all new to me.  Maybe it's new WHO for you, too.  Sorry.  Well anyway,
on
to the interview & a big round of applause for Mom Schrade......<

Thanks, "Mom".  Fascinating stuff!  Since when has Pete developed such
an admiration for McCartney?  Gee, can a knighthood ("Sir Townshend") be
far behind?  Oh, and does anyone out there know if Pete's related to
Chancellor Charles Townshend from 1766 or so, who manipulated Parliament
into passing the notorious "Townshend Acts" that encouraged the American
colonists further toward revolution?  Hmmm....

>Time, Bush and Vindication!<

Dan:  Please take this discussion to e-mail, OK?  I don't mind an
occasional non-Who related comment, especially if it's musically
oriented, but this ain't the place for politics unless a Who member is
involved.  Maybe not even then.

>but i don't think there's a hate
message
there.  i also don't think that the Who send out any hate messages in
general.<

Marino:  No, there's not a hate message there *from the Who* (the "I'll
rape it" chorus), but I have seen these words scrawled as a hate message
on a dorm wall.  You have to be very careful if you have a character
mouth a politically incorrect comment; it can come back to haunt you.

>Got something against older men?<

Keets:  Yes, they remind me of my father, who is a wonderful dad but not
someone I want to think about in any other way.  I was watching Carl
Perkins recently from a 1985 special, and all I could think about was
that he looked just like my dad.  It was weird seeing him rocking out.
OTOH, the older I get, the better looking the 40-or-so-year-olds get.
They used to look ancient. <g>

Last comment, and I'll probably wish I'd kept my mouth shut, but:  Does
anyone else think BTTB is a disappointment?  I was going to order it but
listened to the samples first, and was really let down.  The playing was
fine, but some of Roger's vocals sounded strained, the harmonies were
awful (sorry, Pete & John), and the quality of the recording was similar
to a cardboard box.  I decided not to buy it, because Leeds is so much
better in comparison.  Really, I'm not trolling here, honest; but did
anyone else feel similarly?  All I've heard here is praise.

--Carolyn