Re: Talmy tapes, Isle Of Wight

From: Mark R. Leaman <mleaman@sccoast.net>
> Could they not license it for a percentage of the sales? That way no risk
on
> the part of the label.

I forgot to add that in addition to asking The Who's permission, you've also
got to strike a deal with MCA as well.  They're the ones now licensed to
sell that album.  They're gonna want a taste.

> Absolutely one needs both. Tommy is hacked up, but still better than
> nothing. Although I know a Tanglewood video exists, which would be nice to
> get.

The video is great but the performance of Tommy still has performance flaws.
It's better than Isle Of Wight, but so far, no total recording of Tommy live
seems to beat Leeds.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm